Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“Act”). We encourage you to read this Privacy
Policy so that you know and understand the purposes for which we collect, use and disclose
your Personal Data.
“Personal Data” refers to data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified
from that data, or from that data in combination with other information to which the
organisation may have access and includes the meaning otherwise as defined in the Act as
amended from time to time.
By signing up for or using any products, services or campaigns offered by Dan’s Steaks or
submitting information to or otherwise communicating with Dan’s Steaks, you agree and
consent to Dan’s Steaks and our related entities (individually and collectively, “Companies”),
as well as their respective representatives (collectively referred to herein as “Dan’s Steaks”,
“us”, “we” or “our”) collecting, using and disclosing your Personal Data in accordance with
includes an individual actual or prospective customer but excludes any corporate entity
(including corporate customers) and any other entity that is excluded under the Act.
previously or separately provided to us in respect of your Personal Data, and your consent to
law to collect, use or disclose your Personal Data.
Collection & Consent
1.1 Personal Data may be collected from you in one or more of the following ways:
● when you order or purchase products or services from us;
● when you post a feedback or interact with our customer service personnel, eg. via
meetings, emails, telephone calls, text messages or social media;
● when you use some of our services including establishing any online accounts with
● when you request that we contact you, be included in an email or other mailing list;
● when you respond to our promotions, campaigns or other initiatives or attend our
● when we receive references from business partners and third parties, for example,
where you have been referred by them;
● when you visit our websites;
● when you take part in any contest, survey or promotion conducted by us and/or our
● during photo taking or video recording at events;
● when we receive information about you from third party social networking services
when you choose to connect with those services;
● when you provide or contemplate providing security to us for a transaction;
● when you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reasons; and/or
● when we collect your Personal Data by other lawful means
1.2 Unless permitted by applicable laws, we will not collect Personal Data without your
1.3 You warrant and represent to us that (a) Personal Data which you disclose to us is
accurate and complete; and (b) where you volunteer Personal Data of another person to us,
that you are authorized by such other person to disclose such Personal Data to us, and that
such Personal Data is accurate and complete
1.4 You shall consult your parent or guardian before giving us your Personal Data if you are
under the age of eighteen.
Purposes for which we collect, use and disclose your Personal Data
2.1 Your Personal Data may be collected, used and/or disclosed for the following purposes:
● to verify and process your personal particulars and payments;
● to provide goods and services to you;
● to respond and deal with enquiries, complaints and other customer-care matters or
otherwise communicate with you;
● to send you information, promotions, updates, and marketing and advertising
materials in relation to our goods and services and that of our group companies;
● to manage, develop and improve our business and operations to serve you better;
● to carry out marketing promotions and campaigns, contests and lucky draws and
personalising your experience at our customer touchpoints;
● to carry out market research and customer surveys;
● to conduct investigations or audits or carry out crime and fraud prevention and risk
● to comply with legal and regulatory requirements;
● to enforce our legal rights and obligations;
● for other purposes for which we have obtained your consent; and
● for any other purposes reasonably necessary, ancillary or related to the above
2.2 Your Personal Data may be disclosed for the purposes indicated above to employees,
third parties, service providers, advisors, which include without limitation, the following
persons or entities:
● banks, credit card companies, and payment vendors;
● logistics and courier services companies;
● data intermediaries; and
● any other party to whom you authorise us to disclose your Personal Data to.
Save for relevant government regulators and authorities or law enforcement agencies, we
will ensure that such parties receiving your Personal Data (i) are under duty of confidentiality
to us with respect to the use, holding, processing, retention and/or transfer of your Personal
Data; and (ii) have the need to know or handle such Personal Data.
2.3 If you have provided us with your Singapore telephone number(s) and have indicated
that you consent to receiving marketing or promotional information via your Singapore
telephone number(s), then from time to time, we may contact you using such Singapore
telephone number(s) (including via voice calls, text, fax or other means) with information
about our products and services.
Withdrawal of Consent & Access
3.1 You may withdraw your consent to our continued use and disclosure of your Personal
Data or seek access to your Personal Data (to a reasonable extent and as permitted by the
Act) at any time by writing to email@example.com. You may also withdraw your consent
for specific forms of communication and on specific communications via the unsubscribe
options as stated on our email or other marketing messages.
3.2 In withdrawing your consent, you acknowledge that we may not be able to provide or
continue providing certain goods and/or services to you and that we may cease such
provision accordingly without any liability. Please note that it may take up to 30 working days
for any request for consent withdrawal to be reflected in our systems.
Protection, Policies and Procedures
We will endeavour to protect your Personal Data in our possession or control against risks of
unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or
destruction, through reasonable and appropriate security measures. We strive to ensure that
our systems are secure and that they meet industry standards. To prevent unauthorized
access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in
place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure
the Personal Data we collect. Notwithstanding our security measures for protecting your
Personal Data, you acknowledge that no data transmission over the Internet is completely
secure and by providing your Personal Data, you are transmitting information at your own
Retention of Personal Data
We will retain your Personal Data for as long as you use our products or services and it is
necessarily required or relevant for business or legal purposes.
6.1 We gather Information on our website activity, such as data on the number of visitors, the
pages they visit, the duration of their stay, etc. Such information is collected on an
aggregate, anonymous basis, which means no Personal Data is associated with this data
and gathered through the use of web server logs and cookies. We do not at our website
automatically collect Personal Data unless you provide such information or login with your
6.2 Cookies are small bits of data automatically stored in the hard drive of the end user and
are commonly used to track preferences in relation to the subject of such website. If you
enable these cookies, then your web browser adds the text in a small file. You may wish to
set your web browser to notify you of a cookie placement request or refuse to accept cookies
by modifying relevant internet options or browsing preferences of your computer system, but
to do so you may not be able to utilize or activate certain available functions on our website.
6.3 By accessing and using our website and services, you consent to the storage of cookies,
other local storage technologies, beacons and other information on your devices. You also
consent to the access of such cookies, local storage technologies, beacons and information
by us or our representatives or agents.
Third-Party Links and Products on Our Services
Our website and/or services may link to third-party websites and services that are outside
our control. For example, we may enable you to share certain materials on the services with
others through social networking services such as Facebook. We are not responsible for the
security or privacy of any information collected by websites or other services. You should
exercise caution, and review the privacy statements applicable to the third-party websites
and services you use. To the fullest extent permitted under laws, we cannot be responsible
security of any third party websites, even if linked to our website. Any such liability is
expressly disclaimed and excluded.
Should you have any query, request or feedback relating to your Personal Data, please
contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.